2021.11.0 - 11/12/2021
Announcing PDF Support!
Interested in uploading documents to your Enklu Cloud experiences? Have you wondered what it would be like to have a virtual manual right at your fingertips? Well, look no further!
For 2021.11, we've added PDF support for your experiences in Enklu Cloud 🚀
You can now view and scroll through PDF documents on either the web editor or on the HoloLens 2! To scroll through a PDF document, add the PDF Controls public script to any PDF asset in your experience. It will immediately generate buttons that will allow you to page through a document.
Check out the rest of our changes in the section below.
- Implemented PDF support on both the Web Editor and HoloLens 2!
- Updated CTA color from #33DED2 to #2DCCD3.
- Implemented a few minor changes to improve overall webpage quality.
- Fixed an issue with the video player scaling incorrectly.
- Fixed a far clipping plane MRTK overwriting issue.
2021.10.0 - 10/08/2021
Quality of Life Improvements Galore!
Wondering how to make your tweens loop more smoothly? Frustrated by the number of logs that pop up at a moment's notice? Then we've got a great update for you!
For 2021.10, we've implemented a number of improvements and fixes to both the Web Editor and the HoloLens 2 app. Creating experiences and interactions should now feel both easier and more performant
Check out the exhaustive list of changes below!
- Reduced extraneous runtime logs to improve performance.
- Runtime now uses incremental garbage collection to reduce frame hitches.
- Improved overall tween performance.
- Removed unnecessary logging from Trail widget functions.
- Removed unnecessary logging from Hands API functions.
- Added optional parameter to voice command registration to disable audio feedback upon keyword recognition. This optional parameter must come at the end and look like this:
voice.register('command', callback, optional bool).
falseto disable audio feedback.
trueto enable audio feedback. If no bool is supplied, it will default to
- Added shorter way to reference an element name. You can now use
this.nameinstead of needing to use
- Added ability to change the material of prefab children, as long as you know the child's file name.
- Reduced unnecessary information included in logs overall.
- Added a new method
.forceProximityCheck()to the Proximity API to force an enter event check regardless of any previous collisions.
.loop()method to Tween API that will automatically restart a tween until
- Added new
JellyfishWaveeasing type that will curve a tween back to its original value before it completes (useful for looping).
- Added new method
.setTrigger('Trigger name')to Animator API.
- Added new method
app.elements.byName('element name')to search for an element by its name.
- Identical logs now collapse to improve log spam.
- Changed the Experience Browser to show 5 experiences at time.
- Reduced delay time for finish Space scan prompt.
- IUX gaze activators are now easier to activate.
- Reduced start up logging to improve startup load time.
- Mesh occlusion now defaults to
false(no mesh occlusion).
- Enter proximity events will now properly dispatch if a trigger starts within the enter radius on load.
- Fixed some web editor logs appearing as
Stringinstead of its value.
- Texture quality now defaults to a higher level in the web editor.
- Fixed mesh occlusion setting not always applying in-lens on load.
- Removed index pointer prefab when hands are tracked.
- MRTK gaze dot is now hidden (previously had 2 overlapping gaze dots).
2021.05.0 - 05/04/2021
Enklu Cloud Comes to the Oculus Quest!
Have you been dreaming of a way to view your amazing Enklu experiences on your Oculus Quest? Well, you're in luck: any creator can now develop once, and run in any reality!
For our 2021.5 release, we're proud to announce the v1 release of the Enklu app for the Quest 1 and 2. Immerse yourself like never before in your previous experiences, or create new ones that explore all that VR has to offer.
And this is just the beginning! We'll be continually improving and updating the Enklu Quest app over time, and we have some surprises in store that we can't wait to share. But until then, our lips are 🤐
Note: Since this is an early release, the Enklu app is still at a preview stage. However, we'd love for you to try it out! If you're interested in playing around with Enklu Cloud in VR, please reach out and we'll get you access ASAP.
Interested in learning more about Enklu Cloud on the Quest? Check out our official help docs here!
2020.11.0 - 11/24/2020
CAD and Video Asset Support
Uploading CAD Files
Do you use Enklu Cloud for your rapid prototyping needs? Are you interested in editing your CAD files in the web editor, without the extra hassle of exporting them from Unity?
Starting with 2020.11, Enklu Cloud now supports direct imports for the following CAD formats:
- .sldasm, .sldasm.1 (in a .zip file with any dependencies)
- .prt, .prt.1
- .sldprt, .sldprt.1
- .pxz (in a .zip file with any dependencies)
We'll be continuing to update Enklu Cloud to accommodate more and more CAD formats as time goes on. So if you use a format that isn't represented above, please contact us!
Better Video Support
Aside from CAD support, we've also added better video support in 2020.11. You can now upload the following video format directly to Enklu Cloud:
You can also directly embed video URLs into your projects using VineML.
Note: Videos currently will not play in the web editor, but they will play as expected on supported devices.
My Experiences Screen
In this update, we've revamped the entire My Experiences screen, making it faster than ever to find and create experiences! Not only can you create new projects and modify existing ones, but you can also search for them directly.
We've also added user portraits on each experience card to tell you who has access to a file (you can check their names on mouseover).
Finally, we've also added the ability to sort your experiences by either Name or Recent Activity. No more are the days of spending minutes chasing down a file you just started working on!
Drag & Drop Scripts
We've added a bunch of new Public Scripts in 2020.11 that makes building interactions easier than ever! These Drag & Drop scripts allow even the least technical of folks to create complex simulations or immersive content.
To use one of these scripts, create a new asset and drag one of these over to the Script section of the Inspector. You can then adjust different parameters, like the icon or color of a button, in the Variable window. Most importantly, you can also decide what event an interactive element reacts to and what event it broadcasts on completion. You could create a button that pulls apart a motor, or a proximity trigger that reveals a hidden message!
Web Play Mode: Hand Interactions
Building on its official debut in 2020.10, we've added a new feature to Web Play mode: hand interactions! You can now simulate basic hand interactions directly in your browser without needing to put on a HoloLens.
Quality of Life Changes
Script Tab: Script Names
As of 2020.11, the names of a script now appears on the same line as the File button, right under the Script tab.
Web Editor User Portraits
User portraits have also seen an overhaul in 2020.11. Collaborators on an experience can now be identified by the first letter of their first name, as well as by a randomly assigned color.
Misc. Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused the web editor to crash when entering and exiting the script editor multiple times.
- Resolved multiplayer connections issues for the HoloLens.
- Users can no longer refresh the whole editor when hitting enter in script variables.
- Fixed a bug with the adjustment sliders in the HoloLens editor.
2020.10.0 - 10/27/2020
Does your current workflow make you bounce between Unity and the web editor? Have you dreamt of a world where editing an asset in Unity would also edit that asset in the web editor?
Introducing Enklu Embedded in 2020.10.0! Enklu Embedded allows for users to embed Enklu Cloud content into their Unity scenes. It also enables Unity developers the ability to sync 3D assets from Unity back to Enklu Cloud.
With Enklu Embedded, Unity developers can enjoy the freedom of Unity with the rapid iteration and real-time synchronization of Enklu Cloud (talk about having your cake and eating it too!).
For more information on Enklu Embedded, check out our official guide here.
Web Play Mode
New to Enklu Cloud is Web Play Mode! Web Play Mode allows you to test your experience directly from the web editor, without needing to wear a headset. You can switch to Web Play Mode via the Play button at the top of the canvas.
Web Play Mode comes in two varieties: Popup and Embedded. You can toggle which one you prefer via the Editor Settings tab (Popup is enabled by default).
Adding collaborators to your project should be easier than ever with our new sharing experiences UX! We've added a new Share button next to your user portrait that will allow you to add, remove, and adjust the permissions for all collaborators on a project.
For more tips on editing collaborators and permissions, check out our official guide on sharing your experiences!
Say goodbye to ambiguous black screens! We've added a loading screen to your project window when initializing a project.
IUX Button Styles
Alongside Web Play Mode, you now have the option to toggle between two button styles in the Scene Settings tab: Default and Web. While Default uses the button style found in the HoloLens, Web displays a more web-friendly format in Web Play Mode. Feel free to try both and see which feels best for you!
HoloLens Editor IUX Tweaks
Starting with 2020.10.0, we'll be rolling out improvements to our HoloLens editor IUX. In 2020.10, we've made selecting buttons via gaze in-lens more ergonomic than ever before! Your gaze should now "stick" to a button when your gaze reticle is close to it. Additionally, you will now experience less gaze "wobble" than before!
Misc. Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where refreshing a script did not update it for all collaborators in the project.
- Removed the refresh button entirely, scripts now refresh automatically.
- Fixed an issue where users could make internal schema properties throw exceptions.
- Users can no longer undo changes made in a previous experience after switching to a different project.
2020.9.0 - 9/29/2020
Have you always wanted to add a satisfying glow to your experiences? Or make your scene look like something out of Tron or a video game? Well, you’re in luck!
New to Enklu Cloud this release is our first in-editor, post-processing shader: Bloom! You can access Bloom settings in your project by navigating to the Scene Settings tab, on the left sidebar of the editor.
For more information on Bloom, check out our official guide here.
Finding and editing a script in Enklu Cloud has never been easier with our improved Scripting UI! There’s now a dedicated tab for your Scripts right next to your Assets.
We’ve also reduced the clicks it takes to edit your script, making it even easier to alter your asset’s scripts. Click the thumbnail of the script on an asset, and it will pull it up on the Script tab on the left sidebar of the editor!
Along with Bloom comes a UI revamp of the Scene Settings tab on the Hierarchy Window. We’ve placed each section in their own collapsable menu. This will allow you to find the scene settings you want to change without having to scroll too far.
Experiences with a very large amount of assets should now see a performance boost! Before, rendering performance would degrade as scene density increased. Now, it will no longer add extra rendering complexity past the expected rendering cost of your asset (which is based on mesh or shader complexity).
We've fixed a bug that would’ve disrupted live updating after a device reconnects to Enklu Cloud after getting disconnected from the internet. Users are now notified upon reconnection if any changes have been made while they were offline.
Misc. Bug Fixes
- Logging: Introduced the ability to log
null, and raw json without exceptions.
- TouchJs: Adjusted hit.position and hit.normal so that they are now proper Vec3s.
- Avatar icons: Fixed an issue that caused leaked icons, missing device thumbnails, and empty abbreviations for the user.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Articulated Hand controller to fail at app start.
- Null scripts are no longer saved in the editor.
- New scripts from collaborators are now acknowledged in the project file.
- Fixed a bug that caused exceptions while using SAI after switching experiences.
2020.8.0 - 8/26/2020
Dark Mode has arrived! All the power of Enklu in a sleeker, more accessible interface 😎
We've made it much easier to capture videos of your experiences -- no code required. You can now start a recording from the main menu (say "Menu" while an experience is playing) or by simply saying "record." Once you've finished, the video will be delivered to your inbox.
You can now stream logs from your HoloLens to the Enklu Cloud web editor. This greatly improves your ability to debug experiences in real time.
On HoloLens 2, hands can now occlude holograms in an experience. This feature is opt-in and can be enabled in the Enklu Cloud web editor.
New Graphics API
The new Graphics Scripting API allows power users to interact with your materials and shaders at runtime.
Enklu Node SDK
We have created a new Open Source SDK to help external devices communicate with your experiences. Connect buttons, talk to your own servers, or even sync your stage lighting! See our guide to get started.
- Logging, both in the HoloLens and the Enklu Cloud web editor, now contains more detail and is more informative.
- When scripting in the web editor, you can more smoothly animate rotation with linear interpolation and spherical linear interpolation.
- In behavior scripts, it is now possible to work directly with an element's world position, rotation, and scale.
- We have fixed several conditions that might lead to the user being stuck in the Loading screen.
- Voice commands will continue to work after the app has been in the background for awhile.
0.50.0 - 8/13/2020
- Users can use ctrl-f in the script editor to search within the file.
- Users with permissions to update an asset can also update its thumbnail.
- If an email address has a special character like "+", it will now show up in collaborator searches.
- Updates to asset thumbnails are reflected immediately.
- Fixed an incorrect link to documentation.
0.49.0 - 7/9/2020
- Spaces provides effortless anchoring of content in your environment. For more information, refer to our docs. Includes better visualization of meshes in-lens, as well as scans that are less blown out by lighting in the web editor.
- With Mesh Occlusion, experiences can have much deeper immersion with the physical environment. Spaces come with mesh occlusion by default, with the ability to turn it off via the Enklu Cloud web editor.
- A new Notification system that enables messages to be queued and displayed in front of the user.
- HoloLens edit mode starts out more sleek. Fewer windows start infront of the user letting them view their scene better.
- Float widgets don't default to showing their focus point.
- Anchors are batched together, reducing file size dramatically.
- Vine text/buttons are occluded by default now in new experiences.
- Schema is properly chained/inherited during Element construction.
- Vines properly inherit their parent's schema.
- Button icons can now be occluded.
- Double cursor in experience list is removed.
- Hidden buttons no longer can activate with voice commands (an audible bloop is still heard currently however).
- Leaked GameObjects are cleaned up when exiting edit mode.
0.48.0 - 7/6/2020
- Better support for eye gaze.
- Float UI elements are more responsive.
- Cleaner color scheme and fonts.
- Expanded metrics support
- Experience loading screen might start behind user.
- Some menus couldn't be closed.
- Experiences sometimes didn't load if an asset failed to load.
0.47.0 - 4/30/2020
- Users can create a new element by dragging an asset from the library and dropping into the hierarchy.
- New users have access to Chapters 3 & 4.
- The menu item Help > Support links to a new feedback page.
- Fixed an error that occasionally appears when an Undo action removes an element.
0.46.0 - 4/16/2020
- New Scripting API for player scores (preview). Docs are here
- SAI can display prompts with button responses (preview). Docs are here
- Unity users can convert a scan mesh to a .obj.
- Renamed the Unity menu "Tools" to "Enklu".
- Fixed error where calling undo resulted in an error
0.45.0 - 4/2/2020
- Undo/Redo via Edit menu or hotkeys (ctrl-z/ctr-shift-z on windows, cmd-z/cmd-shift-z on mac)
- New experiences start with 3-point lighting
- New users get Chapters 1 & 2
- Scenes to build are defined in Build Settings, not hard coded.
- Updated ace text editor
- Order of elements at the same depth of the hierarchy is now stored and respected
- Fixed issue where dragging elements in the hierarchy sometimes failed