2020.8.0 - 8/26/2020
Dark Mode has arrived! All the power of Enklu in a sleeker, more accessible interface 😎
We've made it much easier to capture videos of your experiences -- no code required. You can now start a recording from the main menu (say "Menu" while an experience is playing) or by simply saying "record." Once you've finished, the video will be delivered to your inbox.
You can now stream logs from your HoloLens to the Enklu Cloud web editor. This greatly improves your ability to debug experiences in real time.
On HoloLens 2, hands can now occlude holograms in an experience. This feature is opt-in and can be enabled in the Enklu Cloud web editor.
New Graphics API
The new Graphics Scripting API allows power users to interact with your materials and shaders at runtime.
Enklu Node SDK
We have created a new Open Source SDK to help external devices communicate with your experiences. Connect buttons, talk to your own servers, or even sync your stage lighting! See our guide to get started.
- Logging, both in the HoloLens and the Enklu Cloud web editor, now contains more detail and is more informative.
- When scripting in the web editor, you can more smoothly animate rotation with linear interpolation and spherical linear interpolation.
- In behavior scripts, it is now possible to work directly with an element's world position, rotation, and scale.
- We have fixed several conditions that might lead to the user being stuck in the Loading screen.
- Voice commands will continue to work after the app has been in the background for awhile.
0.50.0 - 8/13/2020
- Users can use ctrl-f in the script editor to search within the file.
- Users with permissions to update an asset can also update its thumbnail.
- If an email address has a special character like "+", it will now show up in collaborator searches.
- Updates to asset thumbnails are reflected immediately.
- Fixed an incorrect link to documentation.
0.49.0 - 7/9/2020
- Spaces provides effortless anchoring of content in your environment. For more information, refer to our docs. Includes better visualization of meshes in-lens, as well as scans that are less blown out by lighting in the web editor.
- With Mesh Occlusion, experiences can have much deeper immersion with the physical environment. Spaces come with mesh occlusion by default, with the ability to turn it off via the Enklu Cloud web editor.
- A new Notification system that enables messages to be queued and displayed in front of the user.
- HoloLens edit mode starts out more sleek. Fewer windows start infront of the user letting them view their scene better.
- Float widgets don't default to showing their focus point.
- Anchors are batched together, reducing file size dramatically.
- Vine text/buttons are occluded by default now in new experiences.
- Schema is properly chained/inherited during Element construction.
- Vines properly inherit their parent's schema.
- Button icons can now be occluded.
- Double cursor in experience list is removed.
- Hidden buttons no longer can activate with voice commands (an audible bloop is still heard currently however).
- Leaked GameObjects are cleaned up when exiting edit mode.
0.48.0 - 7/6/2020
- Better support for eye gaze.
- Float UI elements are more responsive.
- Cleaner color scheme and fonts.
- Expanded metrics support
- Experience loading screen might start behind user.
- Some menus couldn't be closed.
- Experiences sometimes didn't load if an asset failed to load.
0.47.0 - 4/30/2020
- Users can create a new element by dragging an asset from the library and dropping into the hierarchy.
- New users have access to Chapters 3 & 4.
- The menu item Help > Support links to a new feedback page.
- Fixed an error that occasionally appears when an Undo action removes an element.
0.46.0 - 4/16/2020
- New Scripting API for player scores (preview). Docs are here
- SAI can display prompts with button responses (preview). Docs are here
- Unity users can convert a scan mesh to a .obj.
- Renamed the Unity menu "Tools" to "Enklu".
- Fixed error where calling undo resulted in an error
0.45.0 - 4/2/2020
- Undo/Redo via Edit menu or hotkeys (ctrl-z/ctr-shift-z on windows, cmd-z/cmd-shift-z on mac)
- New experiences start with 3-point lighting
- New users get Chapters 1 & 2
- Scenes to build are defined in Build Settings, not hard coded.
- Updated ace text editor
- Order of elements at the same depth of the hierarchy is now stored and respected
- Fixed issue where dragging elements in the hierarchy sometimes failed